Capral Aluminium is Australia’s largest manufacturer and distributor of aluminium products, with nationwide facilities and value-add capabilities for the best customer service experience.
Capral Aluminium, a proud Australian Manufacturer, works with solar companies and distributors to design and extruded solar rail to suit Australian conditions, ensuring all residential and commercial projects can benefit from sustainability and proactive economical solutions.
Extruded Aluminium Solar Rail
When it comes to solar, environmental and sustainability credentials matter. That’s why Australian manufactured aluminium is fast becoming a material of choice for Australia’s expanding solar rail industry.
Locally manufactured aluminium provides a more sustainable and economical solution for the Australian solar rail industry. The entire life cycle analysis (LCA) is impacted positively with reduced energy consumption in the manufacturing process, and the environmental footprint is further improved with the reduction of carbon emissions in supply and transport – sourcing locally manufactured Mill Finish aluminium extrusions further reduce carbon dioxide emissions, minimising the impact of sea and road freight.
Capral take great pride in our continued commitment to developing industry-leading technology, that delivers the very best environmental outcomes for every Australian home, commercial or public building in which our aluminium extrusions are featured. Capral Aluminium’s Ecometal™ brand perfectly represents sustainable ideas. Aluminium boasts one of the highest recycling rates of any metal. At the end of their long life, Capral extrusions can be readily recycled. Capral’s national manufacturing footprint also allows our extrusions to be produced close to where they are required. This helps avoid unnecessary sea and road freight, helping to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
To learn more about Capral’s sustainability commitments, please click here
Customised Aluminium Rail Solutions
Capral Aluminium has the capability to design, produce and stock our customer’s own sections. Our extrusion manufacturing facilities can provide technical information along with in-house facilities to help design and produce extruded profiles specific to our customer’s needs. Our extrusion manufacturing facilities produce profiles to the highest quality for use in the solar rail industry.
A typical route from conception to section:
- Customer submits product requirement in the form of a rough drawing;
- Design development utilising CAD/CAM technology;
- Die print/drawing produced and then approved by customer;
- Die produced and sample section extruded;
- Bulk material is extruded once off-tool sample approved.
Adding Value to your Extruded Rail Solutions
Capral has focused on the requirements of our customers and made a significant investment in our processing and fabrication facilities. Extruding aluminium solar rail is only the beginning to how Capral can assist by adding value to the aluminium supply solutions for your customers. Our value add and fabrication facilities include:
- Automatic fine tolerance cut to length saw
- 7 Axis Robotic Machining Centre for product fabrication up to 17m
- 4 AXIS CNC machining product centre up to h=170mm, w=400mm, l=14000mm
- 3 AXIS CNC machining product centre h=180mm, w=200mm, l=7000mm
- CNC extrusion and plate router h=200mm, w=2500mm, l=12,500mm, maximum cut depth = 25mm
- Drawn products: Precision ovality, work hardened tubing, outer diameter 40mm to 130mm, wall thickness 1.8mm – 10mm
- Knurling: Application of non-slip surface to extrusions
- Product edge de-burring
- Powdercoating: Paint powder applied electrostatically and then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a surface coating
- Drilling: A cutting process that uses a drill bit to cut or enlarge a hole
- Cut Back: An off line saw used to recut the extrusion to less than a standard length
- Slotting & Punching: Toolage used to “punch” a hole in typically a window or door extrusion
- Weather Pile Installation: Mechanically install weather pile to an extrusion.
- Precision Cutting: Cut back to less than standard extrusion tolerances.
- Flashings: Supplied from sheet and able to be guillotined or bent.
- Mitre Saw Cut: Saw used to make accurate cross cuts.
Extrusion Accreditation and Certification
All extrusions manufactured by Capral Aluminium are produced to the chemical composition, mechanical property and dimensional tolerances in AS/NZS 1866:1997.
Capral Aluminium is also accredited to:
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 (issued by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited) – Quality Management Systems applicable to manufacture, warehousing and stockholding of aluminium alloy extrusions including powder coating. Provision of national functions associated with customer service, organisational development and procurement of aluminium extrusion and value adding products.
- AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental Management Systems.
- ISO/IEC 17025 – NATA Accredited Mechanical Testing Laboratory.
- All major international marine classification societies including DNV (Det Norske Veritas) and Lloyds Register.
- AS/NZ 4801:2001 OHS Management Systems Accreditation.
Capral Aluminium can supply extrusions to the following certification:
DNV Det Norske Veritas
ABS American Bureau of Shipping
BV Bureau Veritas
Lloyds Lloyds Register of Shipping
Class NK Nippon Kaioi Kyokai
GL Germanischer Lloyd
Less common testing organisations are available by request, as is independent third party testing.
For more information on aluminium solar rail extrusions, please submit an enquiry with our team here
Login or create an Architectural Library Account for access restricted plans and files
Capral Library Login
This file is restricted.
Your account does not have access to view or download certain documents and files. Contact Capral to learn more or get help on this issue.